Jesus Loves the Children

Romans 8:28 “all things work together for the good of those who love Him”…

What is intended for evil can be used by God for good. Did you have a bad childhood? God can and will turn that for the good.

Isaiah 61:3 “[He will give them] beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for sadness… that they will be called … the planting of the Lord, that He might be glorified”

Mark 9:37 “Anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf welcomes me, and anyone who welcomes me welcomes not only me but also my Father who sent me.”

Proverbs 22:6 “Direct your children onto the right path, and when they are older, they will not leave it.”

The original Hebrew indicates to give the child a taste of whatever it is you want them to embrace.

Colossians 3:21 “Fathers, do not aggravate your children, or they will become discouraged.”

Other scriptures direct the children on what to do… Proverbs 15:5, 23:22, 10:1, 17:25; Ephesians 6:1-4, Colossians 3:20.

Bag of Worries

Generally speaking…
40% of your worries will never happen
30% are beyond our control
12% are related to health, which is sometimes out of our control
10% is related to family issues

That leaves us with 8%… 8% we can find solutions to. The other 92% is just a big bag of burdens.

According to Dr. Charles Mayo, “Worry affects the circulation and the whole nervous system. I’ve never know a man who died from overwork, but I’ve known many who have died from doubt.”

The Bible calls the devil the enemy of our souls. Worry is one of the most powerful weapons he uses against our souls. When we worry, we don’t hear God’s voice.

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4)

Prayer is our defense against the 92%. It is also our defense against the 8%.

Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully.  (1 Peter 5)

Leave your bag of worries at the cross of Jesus. Replace worry with praise. When you begin to thank the Lord, you’ll find a few things… and then you’ll find more. His peace is  supernatural — it is far more wonderful than what our mind can understand (see Philippians 4). Jesus is called the Prince of Peace. He wants His peace to continually guard and protect and fortify your heart and mind.